Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One month ago - Christmas Eve

What do you on a sacred Christmas Eve night when you have two little girls and no one to play Joseph?
Why you switch off the role of Mary, of course. 
Although, they both played stunning sheperds as well.

Watching Joy to the World (the nativity movie).  There was such a strong, sweet spirit in the room.

I cry at the same part every year - when the soprano solo sings "let earth receive her king."
It is sung softly but it always hits me with such force.  That baby came to save the world.

Before the stockings . . .

After a day of baking, scriptures, and the reading of The Night Before Christmas (by Daddy, of course), the stockings were hung.

Our reindeer cookies for Santa - and a carrot for his reindeer.

Daddy and Hallie monitered Santa's location on the I-phone Santa Tracker app.

The cookie dough girls from earlier in the day.  This is the typical crowded scene of dishes, pantry essentials and wiggly girls.  I like it - it's cozy.

And lest you think it was all picture-perfect, let the record books show this was the year that our scrumptious Christmas Eve meal was . . . Taco Bell.  After a day of baking cinnamon rolls and peanut butter cookies, Chris saw that my pregnant energy was zapped.  I kept insisting I would still make chowder with crusty rolls and salad - but he knew it would take the rest of the little energy I had left.  So minutes later, the girls dipped their little fingers in nacho cheese sauce while Chris and I squirted fire sauce on our burritos and gordita - all while Bing Crosby sang carols and the Christmas lights glowed.

And it was still a fun, festive Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

Keri and Neal said...

God bless Taco Bell. And the pictures are so tender! Love them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails