Wednesday, February 8, 2012

37 weeks . . . things are about to change!


I am now 37 weeks pregnant. 

That means that the reign of pink is about to be temporarily overthrown as a new baby (and a boy at that) comes to rule the roost - at least until we get used to the new little fella.  Then, I am sure the girls will figure out how to fit him peaceably into their lovely little kingdom.

I've been doing something lately that I know I've done before.  I've been thinking a lot about the love for my children and this new little one.  In some ways, I feel super connected to this baby inside.  At the same time, I have no clue who he is and what he will be like.  And even though I have added babies to the family before, I still marvel that I am going to be able to love another child like I love these two.  I just adore them to bits.  I mean, how can a heart handle any more?

But it will, and it will be amazing.

His room is almost ready. The baby shower was incredible.  The crib ordered by Grandma arrived on our doorstep this morning (the one from our first two was a hand-me-down and only had enough life for six kids).  And baby's other Grandma has him all set with a new carseat (the previous one broke after just TWO).

Paperwork is in order for my maternity leave.  My co-teacher at church is ready for our primary class of five-year-olds.

Now, to get myself spiritually and physically prepared for the amazing, life-altering experience of giving birth and adding another person to our permanent, forever family.

Gasp!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Yay!! I've been thinking a lot of the same things (surprise, right? LOL). I love how even though though I can't imagine having more love than I do for my girls, that I will love him just as much! It's amazing. :) I hope everything goes smoothly for you! I'll be thinking of you these next few weeks... maybe we'll both have them on the same day.

Keri and Neal said...

We are so excited for your family. This is truly an incredible moment.

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

What an amazing family this sweet little boy get to come to! Good luck with everything!! I cannot wait to see pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails