This year we had a simple and sweet Valentine's day.
Our usual Valentine's tradition is crepes with Nutella and strawberries in the morning.
I'm going to be honest - now that I have a child in school - really hard to make it happen.
But we did still do some fun little things throughout the day.
Hallie had a school Valentine's Day party.
The kids were crazy!
But they had so much fun.
The day before, Hallie decorated her special mail box for school.
Mom helped with hot glue, but it was all her vision!
Back to school . . .
Some of her favorites girls at school.
The joy and surprise of Valentines.
One thing of note -
The boy that she says is always so mean to her gave her a Spider Man Valentine that he gave everyone else. And then he gave her a special handmade construction paper heart just for her.
Just what I suspected.
When I explained before he probably just likes her and doesn't know what to do,
she thought I was crazy.
After everyone was done with work, we hung out and did our easier to uphold traditions.
The kids each opened their special mail box to read a love note from Mom and Dad and have little treats. Then Chris and I opened little tokens for each other and the family opened one group gift - the Disney game Headbandz. We played it on the spot. It was a blast. Very good purchase.
Grant's Valentine smolder.
I can't help myself.
My crew.
The cutie boys.
Daddy reads Claire her special note.
Don't you love her personal style that day? Cracked me up.
A little garland I made of hilarious Harry Potter Valentine's I found online.
Proof I was there.
Claire was stoked she was the one who got to unwrap the family gift.
After big sister's all day school rager, Claire deserved a little attention and fun.
And yes, that Target bag is proof we didn't really "wrap" it.
They didn't complain at all.
That night I fed the kids something easy. After they were down, Chris and I dined on take-out Chinese with chopsticks (the only way we do it!). Easy, romantic, perfect.



No comments:
Post a Comment