I know I'm not relaying any life-changing news when I marvel how time flies.
But, holy cupcakes, she's four people!
Our second child, our baby girl, our Clairey is now a big 4!
After two back-to-back Minnie Mouse birthdays, Claire was ready for a new birthday theme. So for months and months she debated on what the birthday theme and cake would be - Daisy Duck? Harry Potter? Mulan? All were serious contenders. Until the girls received Sofia the First for Easter. Then, Clairey knew she wanted a princess birthday just like Sofia.
While shopping at Target, Claire and I found the perfect crown for her head an mini-tiaras for her cupcakes. Be still my heart - I love having little girls!
Last year, Claire picked out donuts for her birthday breakfast. Let's just say we heard about that several times a week throughout the year. It was a very important tradition to her. She was elated that Daddy took her to the store where she pointed excitedly to every last one of a dozen.
For lunch, we had a very special Mommy-Daughter date to Panda Express so she could have chow mein. She picked this out for a date several months ago so it has become our special place for just Mom and Claire.
After lunch, we went to Build-a-Bear Workshop. Grandma in California had sent a special gift card so that Claire could pick out anything she wanted! I think the pictures speak for her excitement.
For her birthday dinner, Claire chose spaghetti and meatballs. Grandma Judy came with gifts and we had her Sofia party. We listened to music from Sofia, had dinner and cupcakes, and then Claire got to open present after present! All the while Claire wore her special birthday dress. When we found it at Costco she told me, "It's perfect! It's just what I was dreaming of!"
She even chatted with and opened a present from Grandpa while he watched via Skype.
Here are four things we love about Claire as she turns four:
1. She is loving and affectionate. She loves to be held and snuggled.
She never skimps in telling us she loves us. She loves to be carried and babied.
Nothing is more tender to her than being kissed and sung lullabies to. And having mom sit in bed with her to read her favorite books is greater than gold.
2. She loves being a girl. She loves dresses and jewelry.
She adores lotions, perfumes, and lipsticks. She is crazy about bubble baths.
Her gold shoes are a prize to her. She loves to be pampered.
3. She is a good friend. Yes, there are the usual sibling spats.
But she is a loyal best friend to her big sister and such a pleasant play mate to friends her age.
4. She is so enthusiastic. She is passionate about the things she loves. And she uses her hands and sighs and pitch to illustrate it to us. She adores playing games with the family. She can't get enough squeezes in on her baby brother - despite his screaming protest. She loves Jesus and Heavenly Father. And she talks non-stop about California, vacationing up at Lake Dillon, and how she wants to live in a hotel when she grows up. She tells us daily that she will do whatever she wants and eat whatever she wants when she is a mommy.
We love you to pieces, Claire!
She sat right next to me and chatted incessantly as I composed this birthday journal. Here is my favorite thing she said:
"Mommy, I'm gonna love being a mommy. But I'm gonna miss being a kid!!"
"I wish I could stay a kid forever and it was my birthday every day!"
1 comment:
Soo cute! Can you not be the cutest mom ever!! Happy Birthday Claire!!
Post a Comment