Friday, September 21, 2007

Birthday girl!





Hallie Laine Hinkson is officially a one-year-old!

Let's see I only cried a handful of times. Last night I stayed up until midnight so I could write her a letter when it was officially her birthday. Of course, I totally cried as I wrote about my love for her and my hopes for her future. Then we were so busy today I didn't stop and cry until Chris read my letter over dinner. Later, I cried when I read Hallie's card from my Grandma Skaggs. Then, I cried again when I sang Hallie the first lullaby I ever sang her the night she was born in the hospital. Not bad, huh? We had lots of phone calls and cards from loved ones and had a nice, quiet night together. Since Hallie isn't old enough to pick out her favorite dinner I gave her foods that I know she is fond of: mashed potatoes, a bagel (yes-- lots of starch but it's her birthday!), and homemade apple sauce. Since Hallie will have a cake at her birthday party next Saturday, we opted for a home-baked apple pie instead.

3 comments:

karen said...

CUTE pictures ! She looks so much like you, Michelle when she lighten up opening presents ! :) I can't believe she's 1 already !!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Hallie!! I'm glad you didn't make the same photo mistake I did! I honestly think in the world of digital cameras, we can take better pictures on our own. You do a great job taking beautiful pictures of her yourself! But if you're going to get professional pics taken, go somewhere professional! :-)

The Mothership said...

Happy birthday Hallie!

She's so cute! I'm glad you got through it Michelle...they grow up way too fast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails