We were dressed and ready to leave for church yesterday when we took a peek outside. Our street was a scary, snowy sight. It is rather steep and curves. After a little prayer, neither of us felt safe to make the precarious drive to church. So, we spent a quiet afternoon "snowed in" at home. We talked about Christmas traditions and Hallie and I did some baking. Thankfully, the sun did show its face later in the day. Although the temperatures did not get above freezing, the sun was enough to burn a little ice off our street. This was helpful because Chris and I were both scheduled to speak at a youth fireside (meeting for our church). I spoke about my personal testimony of Joseph Smith and how I am not ashamed of my beliefs. Chris spoke about how he has gained and cultivated his faith of Jesus Christ throughout his life. We both felt that (with the help of our Father in heaven) our talks turned out well. I was particularly proud of Chris. Hallie was very well-behaved even though it was after her bedtime. And, although our car slid for 20 ft. at one slow stop, and our tires spun out coming up our street again, we made it home safely.
Since we were already dressed in our "Sunday best", we took more pictures by our Christmas tree.
5 years ago
3 comments:
Cute sweater Michelle!
Its funny when Californians move to snowy, icey places. It's like learning how to drive all over again. Yesterday we had ice!
Scary! I hate driving in icy weather. Maybe you'll be enjoying a white Christmas this year?
Post a Comment