Monday, March 30, 2009

COOLEST baby shower EVER

Meet my friend Shanda (and baby Milo). Shanda and I talk on the phone for hours (even when we know we will see each other the next day). We have late night "chat fests" every couple months where I just sit at her house until 1 am while we talk and talk. She bakes the best cakes. And she hosts the coolest parties. This past Saturday she hosted what I have dubbed the "coolest baby shower ever." And it was just for me! (Oh, and the baby too, of course.)


The theme was "She's about to POP!" And no detail was left undone. The refreshments-- four different kinds of soda POP (with custom labels for each); four different kinds of POPcorn: cheddar, butter, kettle, and caramel; three different kinds of POPsicles; homemade cake POPS (yes, just like Bakerella makes); POP tarts; and tootsie-roll POPS. And, if you can believe it, Shanda kept telling me she was bummed she couldn't do POPcorn shrimp on top of all that! Other details include about 100 hand-cut POP circles hanging from the ceiling; 25 hand-rolled pastel paper cones for popcorn; a custom "Andy Warhol" style POP art photo of me; and a customized play list of my favorite 80s POP music playing in the background. Again, let me emphasize she does not leave out any detail. I loved it! When I walked downstairs to where the party was, between the music and all the cool decorations, I felt like I was in the movie "13 Going on 30."

In addition to the fun party, I had so many sweet friends to support me. And the gifts I received were so thoughtful. Three people (Shanda, Grandma, and Grandma Judy) were thoughtful enough to add a little gift for Hallie in addition to the baby. My friend Ronnie added special Bath and Body Works supplies just for me. And four of my friends hand made two "diaper cakes" that were stuffed with hidden treasures of essentials (baby shampoos, bibs, washcloths, etc.) and keepsakes like handmade bracelets (one for baby, Hallie, and myself), bows, hats, and more (Thank you Katie, Ruth, Jen, and Emily). My friend, Kerrie, sewed a hooded plush towel (and custom-matched it to the nursery). And the new baby received darling summer clothes and clothes for next winter which is where we were lacking since Hallie was born in a different season (Thanks Charlotte, Em, Ronnie, Millie, Mary Ann, Megan, Wendy, and Mom).
Hallie with remnants of cake pops on her face
Ronnie and Charlotte
Hallie and Dottie (friends since Hallie was born)
hand-cut circles
Em and Ruth showing off the diaper cakes made with love by Jen, Katie, and themselves.

Mom popped some serious popcorn!

Jen and Edana

Em, Me, and Shanda


The kids had a blast!

Everyone was so thoughtful! So thank you, thank you Shanda and the girls! You are the greatest friends and our little family is very grateful to have you.

8 comments:

Afton said...

Michelle, you're so close to your due date! I'm so excited for you! Hope all is well and good luck with your delivery :) Hallie is getting so big!

The Wimpy Mother said...

FANTASTIC! I love it.

jen said...

it seriously was THE coolest baby shower ever!Shanda really is amazing! Congratulations, again, with your new little girl on the way!! We are so excited to me her!!

Katie said...

I was so bummed that I couldn't make it, but heard that it was a blast! You deserve it sister!! Can't wait to meet the baby (i was going to put her name here, but not sure if you were still sticking with the one you told me... so i'll leave it out :)) let me know if you guys need help with Hallie and meals... k-o?

Mily said...

I am so flattered I got invited! it was an awesome shower and Shanda is "the mom" for putting all of that together. I was so impressed! Michelle you are a great mom to Hallie and I"m so excited for you to be a fantastic mom to Hallie and your new little one. It was so good to see you again. Come over and play!

Tiana said...

Michelle...this is Chris' cousin Tiana and I think I know your friend Em....she went to school in Virginia and I was the head resident of her dorm....so random...such a small world. Good luck on your new baby coming...

Donna said...

Hello there! I thought I would just say hi! I found you through Deana's blog and I am so happy! Your sweet family is growing! I am so happy for you guys! Okay so your little girl is adorible! I hope you remember me =) come check out our blog sometime! (www.donnaspampered.blogspot.com) I can't wait to hear from you!!

karen said...

So awesome. So cool of her to throw you one !! ONLY 11 more days to go !! HOW are you feeling ?? Can't wait to see pictures and hear her name !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails