Friday, April 3, 2009

Hallie Updates

Hallie got her hair cut for the first time on Tuesday. She was a big girl and let "Megan's Mom" (my friend Tiffani) go for it.










Hallie loves her "big girl bed"
Hallie says the funniest things.
Some of our recent favorites are:
  • "Oh dear! I was so scared!"
  • "Mother?" pause "Mother?" pause "Mother!"
  • "You're a cow, Daddy!" (after he gave a long, moaning yawn)
  • "We're going to call Grandma Marlaine Skaggs!"
  • A truck drives by and Hallie says "Hi, truck! I'm Hallie Laine Hinkson!"
  • She always responds to questions in complete sentences with correct tenses.
For example:
Mom: Hallie is that a bucket?
Hal: Yes, I am holding a bucket.
Mom: What color is the car? Is it green?
Hal: Oh, yes mommy, it is a green car.
Today in the car she was bargaining with me. "No, mommy. First, we go to the park with the water and the slide and the swings and the birds. We don't go to the pink restaurant. Does that sounds like a good plan, Mommy?"
Before I know it she'll be reciting the Gettysburg address.
And don't get me started on the songs she knows. Check out her karaoke session!

Excuse the shaky camera work at the beginning. I was taping and was laughing too much. And check out the archaic anti-feminist lyrics from the Haylie Mills Disney song Hallie sings first.

4 comments:

Mily said...

I have a feeling, she's going to be an awesome singer like her mother!!!! That is a darling video. Austin and Anaya enjoyed it with me. :)

Dan and Jess said...

OH MY GOSH! that was the funniest video I have ever seen of her, she is a cute girl.

Laura and Corey said...

her hair was sooooo long! i love the songs- she is quite talented. seriously.

Marlaine said...

I know it is cliche, however, I cannot resist, "like mother, like daughter." My daughter and granddaughter are both very talented!

Related Posts with Thumbnails