Hallie's Ariel cake is much different than I originally imagined, but I LOVE how it turned out. I wanted the water to look like, well, water so I thinned out my blue frosting. Instead of spreading it on smooth, I plopped it on the top and let it drip down the sides. For a "sand bank" for Ariel to sit on, I pressed light brown sugar into the sides. To fake the look of sea weed, I cut gummy worms in half. Chopped Mike and Ikes make air bubbles. The starfish are starburst. I heat them in the microwave for five seconds (so they get pliable) then I roll them out and use a small star cookie cutter to form them. Although Hallie mixed the cake and frosting with me, she didn't see me decorate it. When we showed it to her, she gasped with excitement. Just the reaction I was hoping for!
5 years ago
5 comments:
Very cute cake! I love making fun cakes for my kids' birthdays!
so cute michelle!! ariel is looking a litle scandalous, but i love it! :) you are so creative - the seaweed and starfish are incredible.
Ha! Ariel for sure is scandalous. She wouldn't bend! So we were stuck with that pose! :)
Amazing Michelle!
Spencer just saw the picture of your Ariel cake and said, "Oh, beautiful, Mommy! Beautiful!"
Post a Comment