
We had a "ball" at Hallie's third birthday party. It was fun, frugal, and stress-free. I loved doing this party because it satisfied my creative process and I just felt so happy to being doing something fun for Hallie's birthday. The invite and decorations were inspired by the picture of Hallie in her birthday dress. Can you guess what I spent on the decorations? $2.50! Yep, I said $2.50!
I was out of taper candles so I spent fifty cents on three at Dollar Tree.
For the centerpiece, I used things I already had. A string of my (fake) pearls, leftover tissue paper, gold Christmas ribbon, crystal candle holders we got when we married . . .
Hallie's birthday chair was decorated and she had her picture on her plate.
I desperately wanted to buy a light blue damask table cloth but didn't want to spend the money. So I "wrapped" our table with Dollar Tree blue princess gift wrap.
Hallie's menu was based on her favorite foods and movies. We talked about the menu together so she talked for days about her "Robin Hood salad" and "Spaghetti and Meatballs just like Lady and the Tramp!"
Hallie made every step of our "Hakuna Matata Bug Cups." She mixed the pudding, crushed the oreos, divided the servings and added the worms on top. When she ate it she told us it was "slimy yet satisfying" (just like they say in the movie).
The wands are just breadsticks from a canister, I cut out star shapes for the top and brushed them with garlic butter then sprinkled on parmesan.
Raspberry Sherbet and Rasberry Soda made a perfect "princess party punch."
Chris made a "birthday soundtrack" of Hallie's favorite music to play in the background. Some of the tracks were: Bella Note, Under the Sea, Be Our Guest, (you get the idea).
The other dollar was spent on princess balloons scattered throughout the family room.
5 years ago
3 comments:
Michelle,
You have such talent! I loved Hallie's party!
~Ashley
Michelle, you are so creative! Everything turned out wonderful. Your girls are so luck to have you! Happy 3rd Hallie, we LOVE you!
She's beautiful and sweet and deserving of a princess party. I know you have a knack for creativity but your frugality is what I found most exciting! Pulling that off for $2.50! Awesome!
Post a Comment