Friday, October 8, 2010

Girl time!


"Hey guys . . . I did it!"  Hallie was so proud of the outfit she picked out and changed herself into.  In fact, changing clothes is one of Hallie's favorite pastimes.  Each day, when I start work, Claire goes down for a nap and Hallie goes to her room for quiet time.  Our intention is that Hallie read books and play with her dolls and Care Bears.  That happens . . . some times.  But the majority of the time is spent tearing through her closet to dress her and her stuffed animals up.  When Chris arrives home from work and gets up the kids, it is always a surprise to see what Hallie is wearing.  And you should see the get-ups her giraffe and teddy bears get.

Hallie is loving preschool.  Two times a week is just her speed.  I love the co-op because I think it is good for her that there are only five other kids.  I particularly love when the preschool is scheduled at the house of a friend that lives close by.  Then we pile in our double stroller and walk to and from.  It's a great time with the two enthusiastic kiddos. 


Claire loves Hallie's preschool because it gives her a chance to be an only child (even if for a few moments).  This is particularly great for me because I get a glimpse of what her personality would be if she were our oldest.  Sometimes we think Claire is more "intense" than Hallie was but I find that it is because Hallie didn't have to share toys with anyone, so she rarely screamed.  Well, sure enough . . .when Claire has all my attention she is pure joy and giggles.  Normally, when we get back from the preschool walk I try get on the floor and just play with Claire for a half hour until I put her down for a morning nap.  On this day, Claire wanted to watch "Melmo."  So, she found her own pillow, enjoyed her "nacks" and watched some Sesame Street.  She was delighted!  I could tell she felt quite grown up.


I am a home body and am super content staying at home during the day.  But, every once in awhile, I get the itch to get out.  One one particular day, I took the car and went shopping and out to lunch with the girls. . .  my little girls that is.  They were totally cute little lunch dates.  A local restaurant has a kids eat free deal that is too good to be true.  Our girls agreed.  I ordered a great club sandwich while they dined on mac and cheese, multi-grain toast and fresh fruit.  We scored incredible clearance deals at Old Navy and Kohl's.  It was a great girl's day.  I look forward to many more as these sweeties grow up!







I'm at a point in my life where I feel like baths should just be part of the regular routine three times a day.  I need to throw them in after every meal more times than not.  As you can see, the bib was merely a decoration.  But she is so darn cute with those sparkly eyes and that toothy grin.

I was blessed with three brothers.  That's what I knew and loved.  I've gotta say . . . life with two girls is so much fun!

2 comments:

John Skaggs said...

The pictures of Claire watching 'Melmo' is so cute. I love how the living room seems so light, airy and most important relaxing.... The restaurant seems like there is no one in there, no wondering that they are offering the kids eat free meal deal. Great deal!!!!! Hallie with the cute outfit reminds me of a girl version of Chris...

karen said...

girls look so much alike in the stroller ! and soo adorable !! claire have so much hair !! poor aila still look like a boy. :/ and she keep ripping the hair bows out of her hair.. grr..

Related Posts with Thumbnails