Here is Hallie's new closet. I hope it will facilitate both organization and imagination.
The white bottom was boring so Hallie and I painted it with acrylic paints. It was a fun activity and it looks great, but I can tell you already it needs some type of gloss protectant coating on top. It will be scratched in no time.

The next priority was going through her clothes and getting rid of stuff that didn't fit. Afterward, we hung all the dresses and sweaters and made labels for the rest. I had chalkboard containers already and created labels by cutting up a large chalkboard rub-on I purchased at Dollar Tree.
I used to put Hallie's jewelry in a small jewelry box. This was sort of a disaster. Hallie was always pulling them out and twisting her necklaces around furniture pulls. So, I painted and distressed an old frame we never used and hung nails directly in the old black mat. It just so happened I could write on the mat with chalk too . . . which matched my theme. :)
A new door handle, courtesy of Hobby Lobby
Hallie likes the results! Exhibit A. Playing. Exhibit B. Goober smile.
Above: The other side of the closet . . . Below: Where her other stuff hides
After tweaking the furniture arrangement and moving a bulky dresser into the closet, Claire's room feels so much bigger now and is much easier to clean. She also really likes to play in there more because there is more space to make messy!
The trim is still screaming "Paint me white! Paint me white!" It told me that a year ago when we moved in.
Above: Some of my favorite pictures I have taken of Clairey Bug. Below: Her bed when she outgrows the crib.
I wanted to take a peak at Claire's bed time "must haves:" Minnie is a requirement, the babies vary . . .
Below: The stuffed animal station (a.k.a where the tornado starts)
I think she likes it!
Now let's pretend that my reorganizing will always stay pristine and perfect. And let's also pretend that I don't need to reorganize the rest of the house too. Can you see I long to be a neat-freak? If only. . .





















4 comments:
Everytime you post pictures of your house I'm struck by how beautiful it is! Want to come decorate mine? :)
awesome job! I love it!! Your girls are so cute, how fun to have girls. Can you tell I'm dreaming here?? :) Just kidding.
I do have a question for you: How is the best way to paint trim without getting paint all over the carpet? We need to do that as well, because replacing the trim is not an option. I have seen a tool at home depot that is wide and skinny...totally don't know what it's called, but do you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, I would love any tips you have on how to go about that. Thanks!!
Oh, I just LOVE that last little picture of Claire, she makes me smile. Your girls are gorgeous :) Their rooms are so cute too!
I love the picture of Hallie jumping on the bed! Priceless.
Thanks for posting this. You have no idea how long I have been trying to figure out the boys' closet! Well, two years, I guess. My goal now is to donate the unpopular toys and do a boy's version of Hallie's closet. We'll see how well I do.
Post a Comment