We had a great Thanksgiving at home this year with Mom Hinkson and our good friends Ann and Jared. And, I am thrilled to say that by making some things ahead I didn't feel too totally tired at the end of the day. Since Chris' birthday was Thanksgiving (and Ann's was too) we celebrated on the day before. On Thanksgiving morning, we watched the Macy's parade and picked up around the house and then I started cooking around 9:30 and didn't stop until we ate at 3:00. When Ann and Jared arrived, we let the kids play in the backyard and then watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving while the final touches were made on the food. We were so stuffed after dinner we couldn't even touch dessert hours later. It was fun to laugh and talk with each other and then crash at the end of the day. What a blessing that with such a crazy year we can still have fun and enjoy the many blessings we still have.
5 years ago








2 comments:
Claire is growing up so fast... Slow it down??????
Sounds like you all had a fun day. Happy belated birthday to Chris!
Post a Comment