Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things I hear from my kids everyday


From Claire . . .

"I need help, Mommy!"  "Mommy, I need help-out!"  "Help!"  "Help!"

"I need weck-usses (necklaces)!"  As she piles on her fifth strand of jewels.

"I don't want it."  Which really sounds like "I want it,"  but she is shaking her head so vigorously you know she doesn't want it.

"I humming, Mommy." . . . which means "I'm coming." 

"I need huh-ler, Mommy" . . . which means coloring is in order.

"Luh-uh too!" (Love you too!)

"Mommy!  Mommy!  Mommy!  Mommy.  Mommy!"

From Hallie . . .

"But my old one still works!"  Anytime she gets a new anything, she mentions an older item and how that one still works.  Not that she doesn't want the new one . . . just that the old one is still useful too.

"I spy . . ."  and "It's your turn, Mommy."  Chris taught her how to play "I Spy" while driving in the car.  I am simultaneously happy and exasperated with it.  Let's just say she has longevity.

"Please bless me to NOT go to bed!"  followed by a burst of giggles.  She loves to use sarcasm in her nightly prayers and laughs and laughs about it afterward while Chris and I tickle her relentlessly.

Rhymes.  Hallie loves to rhyme "schmeverything."  Any "smerd" can just come out in a funny rhyme.  And then she is a ball of giggles again.

"You don't need to ask me.  I'll just do it myself!"



Also, I'll add their funny (to me) comments during dessert the other night:
Claire: "Not too bad!"
Hallie:  "That banana split was awesome!"

2 comments:

karen said...

So cute !!!I love claires hair !!!! Poor ailas hair is still short !! I finally can put it up for pigtails..
You're such a good mom ! It looks like they're always happy and stuff !

Love ya !

John Skaggs said...

I am excited to all the nieces and nephew tomorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails