Today Chris and I have been married for ten years. We were reflecting on what we dreamed for ourselves at this point and all those dreams have come true -- save for two teeny ones. We would have wanted a little more in our savings and perhaps a trip to Spain (where Chris lived for two years when he served his mission). But our children, our home, our educations, our jobs, where we live . . . all are our best dreams and better. And we have handled trials-- the depths of poor (college), extreme stressors (big moves, deaths, illness), huge life decisions about what we wanted and where we wanted to live, and two newborns so far(which for us is really hard) and come out even stronger. Oh loads of people have had way more trials than we have. Loads. I am just saying I like this marriage thing. A lot. I like being with the same great guy and dealing with everything we deal with. I even like those moments when I think he is not so great . . . because I am back to thinking he is great all over again later. Being married to Chris . . . heaven. No, we're not perfect . . . at all. But we are so perfect for each other. And Spain will come. And the savings account will slowly increase. But we still have each other and even more dreams for the future.
The man I married is so selfless. For those of you who have ever witnessed him first hand, you know what I am talking about. His incredible work ethic knows no bounds. He still serves me just as much as that first year of newlywedded bliss (which is so fun, but it really only gets better). I, my friends, am lucky!

2 comments:
It is lovely to see someone so happy with their family and marriage. Congrats on 10 years!
Michelle: I love your little girls. Your entries perfectly describe motherhood, and your joys therein. You continue to be a great example. Thank you.
P.S. Happy Anniversary! ;)
Post a Comment