I've found that in order for me to have a complete Christmas, I have to hand make some things. It really changes my heart to spend time on a project for someone. It makes me think of them throughout the processl In the end, I feel like I gave a gift and gave service. And isn't that the point of Christmas -- to put a little Christ into it? Whenever I make Christmas gifts I think about how Grandpa Skaggs used to tell me my homemade gifts were the best gifts I could give him because they were "gifts of the heart." I started making gifts on November 1 this year. Here are a sampling of some of the gifts . . .
An apron for Mom
Ornaments for Grandma Skaggs
So romantic . . . I need one of these too!
A car mat (this was version one, before I made these).




3 comments:
You seriously inspire me. I love your Christmas spirit, and it makes me want to learn to do more crafty things to serve others. THanks for this post. You really do bring the true meaning of Christmas back into play.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.
love ya,
Deanna
so so so cute.
I am so happy that you feel that way too! Every year that is my favorite thing to do - figure out what I can MAKE for those I love! We should share ideas on this in the future! Great work on your projects... they all turned out great!
Post a Comment